ESOL Teacher (Volunteer)
The Afghanistan and Central Asian Association is looking for enthusiastic volunteer ESOL teachers to support refugees and migrants living in the UK.
Are you passionate about teaching? Would you like REAL classroom experience? Do you want to help refugees and migrants improve their Language and social skills?
If yes, the Afghanistan and Central Asian Association needs you.
Who we are
The Afghanistan & Central Asian Association (ACAA) is a dynamic charity set up in 2001 to promote British values and integration amongst the refugee and migrant community. In the UK, we work to empower and support refugees and asylum seekers from Afghanistan and neighbouring countries by providing vital services that enable successful integration. These include English classes, mentoring, drop-in advice sessions, a legal surgery, employment and education training, counter-extremism workshops and youth and women’s engagement services.
As an ESOL teacher, you will have an active role in the classroom to plan lessons and deliver effective classes.
Duties will include:
· Preparing and delivering lessons to students of different ages and abilities
· Preparing classroom and coursework materials, homework assignments, and weekly hand outs
· Assessing students’ class work and assignments
· Creating an engaging and fun teaching atmosphere
· Ensuring all our students engage in academic learning despite their ability, to achieve their highest potential whilst developing personal and employability skills
· Setting effective targets to monitor students progress
· Supporting and motivating students to allow them to grow and enhance their own skills by both achieving qualifications and becoming ready for work
· Finding ways to successfully promote our FREE ESOL classes amongst local organisations to increase student attendance
– Previous teaching experience is Desirable, but not essential as support is provided
– ESOL qualification preferred
– Excellent verbal communication skills
– Good listening skills
– Planning and organisational skills
– Patience, commitment and creativity
Working hours are flexible, but ideally, we are looking for someone who can dedicate a minimum of 2-3 hours on either a Monday, Wednesday or Saturday. The role requires a minimum commitment of 8 weeks / 2 months.
What will you Gain?
· Safeguarding training Certificate
· Valuable 1 to 1 feedback with our experienced Education Coordinator to develop their teaching
· Real Classroom teaching experience, references are provided
· Building self confidence in the classroom and as a teacher
How to apply:
Please apply by sending your CV and a covering letter to: email@example.com
Successful candidates will be invited for an interview. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
The role of an ESOL teacher is a voluntary position, however travels costs may be reimbursed subject to our Travel Expenses Policy for volunteers.