Each of us (lecturers and tutors on the MA in TESOL and MA in Applied Linguistics & ELT) have recommended websites and resources we like based on our research expertise and teaching interests.
Some general recommendations from all of us below:
- The TESOL Encyclopedia of English Language Teaching (online) – The Wiley Blackwell/TESOL 8-volume print, 14-volume online, encyclopedia project titled The TESOL Encyclopedia of English Language Teaching. Over 1,000 researchers, scholars and experts in the field of English Language Teaching worldwide have contributed to this 5-year project.
- 5 things I wish I’d know before doing my MA by Laura Patsko
- 5 more things I wish I’d know before doing my MA by Laura Patsko
- Center for Applied Linguistics – Short digests of current topics
- Digital repository of instruments and materials for research into second languages
- ELT videos from Sandy Millen (prolific ELT blogger!) There are videos by CELTA trainees for example.
- Catherine Walter on inductive teaching (the British Council website)
- Talk English ESL Resources
- Modern English Teacher
Occasionally we receive useful resources on Careers, usually from our Careers and Employability team, which we’ll share below.
Feel free to tell us about any resources you find and want to share. This site is about communication and collaboration with our students and we welcome any input and suggestions from you.